Are Open Box Items Worth The Buy?
Open box deals can mean different things depending on the retailer but what remains consistent across all product categories is that buying open box can often save you a bundle!
We have been getting some amazing questions from you, our FLOCK, on the topic of Open Box and what it means when you see them listed on Rebelstork.
So, we sat down with Emily, our founder and retail expert to grill her on all things Open Box. (BTW….have we ever told you that she is an ultimate #girlboss? That pre-building Rebelstork from scratch she was crushing it in NYC as the youngest Vice President of Merchandising at one of the largest luxury departments stores globally? Don't worry, we will tell you all about that & more at a later date!).
1. What Does Buying Open Box Mean On Rebelstork?At Rebelstork, when you see an item marked as "open-box," it means one or all of the following:
- The item is new, but the packaging was opened because the item inside was once a floor model, window display or purchased by another mom who ended up never using it/unwrapping it.
- The item is new, but the packaging has a damage - a dent or a rip in the box. This commonly happens when large items are being transported from the factory.
- Depending on the open box item, the factory warranty still applies.
2) Why Buy Open Box Items From Team Rebby?Ultimately, they make for a fantastic buy. But there are also environmental benefits to buying Open Box items on Rebelstork.
- One of the biggest reasons to consider an open box item is the price savings. Depending on the item, savings on an open box item listed on Rebelstork can range from 15%-30% off the market suggested retail price. Rebby LOVES SHARING DEALS!
- Buying open box increases your savings while also reducing waste. Often times retailers and wholesalers are not set up to warehouse or sell the open box items that may arrive in their shipment. These perfectly good items can go to waste.
- Snagging an open box deal is a way to acquire an item that you want to have but may have fallen outside of your budget otherwise.
3) Are All The Parts Included In An Open Box Listing?
At Rebelstork, YES! Each item listed on the site is quality checked and condition approved by our team of retail experts before it goes live. So, you can rest assured that your open box deal is complete with all parts present and arrives as expected.
4) Do Open Box Items Come With The Warranty?
For the most part many of the open box listings on Rebelstork DO come with the warranty. If you are even unsure and want to double check just email Rebby The Stork and she will be able to look up the item in question and tell you!
5) Does Buying An Open Box Item Lower The Re-sale Value?
The re-sale value is not affected when buying an open box item on Rebelstork. Our proprietary pricing algorithm filters through a whole bunch of criteria and takes many scenarios into account when establishing the fair market re-sale value of each item we list. Our open box items are what in the industry we call “complete” meaning they are in pristine condition and not irregulars or refurbished items. If anything, due to the pristine quality of our open box items buying them on Rebelstork and then re-selling them through Rebelstork when finished is an extremely economical way to parent lighter without sacrificing on quality (while also contributing to the circular economy).