And just like that...we are GROWING and HIRING!
Come Join Team Rebby
Financial Planning Manager - Toronto, ON
Join team Rebelstork, the first and only tech-driven marketplace created for parents, enabling the vetted buy-and-sell of new and used baby gear across North America. Our mission is to promote sustainable parenting practices and keep baby gear out of landfills!
Join the team of one of the fastest growing e-commerce start-ups.
Reporting into the Director of Merchandise Planning and Business Analysis, the Financial Planning Manager will manage the OTB process, internal reporting, assist in inventory management, and performance analysis to deliver on Sales, GP, and Inventory targets for all departments and divisions. This role works cross functionally with merchandising, marketing, tech, and operations.
What You'll Do
- Manage merchandise financial plans and forecasts down to the category level, highlighting risks and opportunities and creating action plans
- Optimize the business by analyzing the impact of key variables (e.g., seasonal events, assortment mix, market dynamics, markdowns, promotions) on category performance and risk exposure
- Review and analyze financial results of modular/seasonal changes, identify discrepancies, recommend and manage corrective actions, and ensure assortment mix aligns with goals
- Manage the P&L; Review annual, monthly, weekly, and daily projections against actual results; prepare financial analyses and reports to understand and explain business trends and performance; provide insights on how key inputs are used in inventory and margin forecasts, decision-making, and month-end recaps; and communicate recommended actions needed to meet budgets or improve profitability to leaders and other stakeholders
- Implement the OMNI strategy across the company (Canada & USA) by aligning team strategy with company targets and strategy
- Monitor markdown budgets and compile, review, and approve markdown proposals; ensure markdown requests are within budget; develop markdown recommendations when markdowns exceed budgets; align on inventory and turn plans with replenishment; and prepare inventory projections for replenishment
- Execute markdown strategies to control inventory liability while optimizing markdown costs to improve profitability and operational execution of clearance sales
- Identify customer and operational needs; develop and communicate business plans and priorities; remove barriers and obstacles that impact performance; provide resources; identify performance standards; measure progress and adjust performance; develop contingency plans; and support continuous learning
- Bachelor’s degree in one of these preferred fields: Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or 3+ years of experience in retail/financial planning
- Minimum 3+ years of retail experience required
- Expertise in financial planning, modelling, & analysis
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems independently, and effective team communication skills
- Strong Excel skills